Today has been another collections management day - training the Llangollen Museum staff in the use of their collections database, in their case, PastPerfect IV. If you've used MODES, PastPerfect can be a bit of a shock to the system. To be honest, its search functions aren't as good. I admit I'm wondering if one of my bugbears about it is that it's an American product, so addresses and phone numbers that you need to input in the UK aren't in the right format - same for dates (ugh!) and there's no flexibility in the system. Give me MODES Compact any day! Anyway, having got to grips with it I've been able to give the training necessary for the staff to accession and search once my bit of the project has been completed.
Still two months and a bit to go at Llangollen - now searching for the next job.
No comments:
Post a Comment