Well, it's been a busy time. The last week has been taken up with an archaeological dig - can't say where or what was found - or not - until I get the go ahead and the relevant authorities have had their say, but it's been a load of fun - even the shovelling what seemed like tons of soil from the spoil heaps. Then again, retrospect is a wonderful thing - wasn't so good when I was sweating buckets after an our of shovelling or mattocking. I can say that I'll be doing it again at the end of the month at Eliseg's Pillar near Valle Crucis Abbey near Llangollen. Can also say that over the last week it's been good being on the same site as Stewart Ainsworth, probably better known from Time Team - he's the one who looks at the landscape and tells them what's been going on all along! As someone who hasn't dug in a while it was good to get the trowel out.
I've been working mostly on Collections Management again, both at Llangollen and at the Sir Henry Jones Museum. Once I've collected my thoughts I'll say more on the collections side. Also just embarking on the main part of my AMA. Did a good talk last night at Llandudno Museum on the use of MODES to the Friends of the Museum - many thanks to Richard, Debbie and Sian James, it was a good evening, even if I was exhausted after hot footing it from... wherever we were digging.
No comments:
Post a Comment