First ever AGM of Wireless in Wales last night, with a good turn out. For those who didn't know the Wireless in Wales Museum in Denbigh is looking towards accreditation sometime this year and it's a good example of how a few enthusiasts can create a great community resource. Vesi Jones has really been a driving force to create the museum in Canolfan Iaith, taking on the work of her late husband David. The committee and the volunteers are all enthusiasts, or quickly become so. I had no idea valves could be so fascinating.
The museum tells the story of the Welsh contributiuon to the development of radio (more than you might think) and how radio helped with the survival of the Welsh language.
http://www.wirelessinwales.org.uk/
I'm pleased to have helped them with curatorial advice and helping the volunteers get to grips with MODES. The education events I've helped them develop look like they'll be a resource for local groups for years to come. I think I'll be working with then again, so more of that anon. Denbigh has the people to make a go of a community museum, so it will be interesting to see what develops.
No comments:
Post a Comment